Helyx – Head of GIS
We are seeking a Geospatial expert to be our Head of GIS and join our friendly and supportive team. This would be a great career move if you are currently working in a similar role or are currently a Principal GIS Consultant and are looking to develop your career in a key role where you will have ownership of a capability.
Helyx is a professional services company specialising in the provision of geospatial and information management and exploitation solutions and services. We are a small and enthusiastic team of knowledgeable professionals, working in a busy yet informal environment, where initiative and innovation are encouraged. Every employee plays their part in our success and can develop their careers as we continue to grow.
Apply today to find out more.
As our Head of GIS, you will have the opportunity to apply your expertise to support company and customer needs, contributing and influencing the strategic direction, management, and development of Helyx. Some of the responsibilities of your role will include:
- Lead on all company tasks relating to GIS
- Provide technical expertise, advice and guidance for business development, sales proposals, binds, tenders and technical innovation and developments
- Be our GIS expert, knowledgeable about industry trends, new technology and concepts.
- Ensure we have the correct skills and resource to deliver business in the pipeline related to GIS
- Coach, mentor, develop and lead our employees on GIS
- Create and maintain strong customer relationships with customers, suppliers, and other key stakeholders
- Support the business development process relating to GIS
Create training materials and conduct customer training (often at a client site) as and when required
This would be a great career move if you have a passion for meeting customers’ needs, combined with experience in the following: –
- Operating at SFIA Level 6 with the ability to influence others and make strategic decisions based on complex business information. (https://sfia-online.org/en/legacy-sfia/sfia-7/responsibilities/level-6)
- Are a GIS expert, with a deep understanding of the principles and concepts of the technology and how it can benefit businesses and organisations
- Have the experience, planning skills and tenacity to successfully deliver complex technical projects on time and to budget and to a high standard
- Have excellent communication, presentation, and time management skills
- A team leader, able to guide and support to customers and colleagues
- Ideally educated to degree level in GIS or a related discipline, or with equivalent experience, combined with Project Management qualifications or experience
- Previous experience working in Defence or Government environments would be an advantage
- DV clearance (or be a British Citizen with the willingness and ability to be cleared)
We are looking for someone with the following technical experience: –
- Geographic Information Systems, Esri platform at 10x, Open Source
- Web technologies AGOL, Leaflet, Open Layers, GeoServer
- A deep understanding of geospatial data, production workflows and Geoprocessing services
- GIS project experience, including design/architecture, build and implementation
- Awareness of remote sensing
- Gathering requirements and authoring technical documents
- In addition, it would be beneficial if you had some Python scripting experience and knowledge of Agile delivery methods and Windows/Linus operating systems.
Our business is one that is often driven by customer demand, which means that flexibility is essential. We’re based in Twyning, Gloucestershire, in a lovely part of the West Country, and we serve a range of Defence and Security customers across the UK.
We are flexible. Our offices are open, but we are not mandating anybody to be in the office. We leave it up to our people to decide what suits the needs of their work. Some occasional visits to customer locations may be required.
Why join us?
This would be a great opportunity for you if you want to be part of a small supportive team, at a company where you will have the opportunities to learn and develop both yourself and your career
In addition, we offer:
- An excellent salary, with a generous bonus scheme
- Pension, healthcare scheme and life cover
- 5 days professional training development per year
- Flexible working
- plus, a lovely rural setting!
Please apply online via our website, including your CV and a cover letter. Closing date for applications is 31st May 2022.
NO AGENCIES. Helyx is an equal opportunities employer.