We have vacancies for Full Stack Developers to join our team. If you have commercial software development experience, then this would be a great opportunity to develop your career and we have vacancies that would suit differing levels of experience.
You will have the freedom to develop your career in different directions and could become a solution architect, security-focused engineer, or senior developer.
Helyx is a professional services company who specialize in providing geospatial and information management and exploitation solutions and services. Initiative and innovation are encouraged. As a small company, every employee plays their part in our success. Apply today to find out more and to join our enthusiastic team of knowledgeable professionals.
The Full Stack Developer role
- You will have the opportunity to work with new projects as well as existing solutions, working within complex and secure IT environments.
- Reporting to a senior Software Engineer you will be working alongside the software engineering team and our customers to ensure our software and services can be deployed and managed as efficiently as possible.
- As part of an open and flexible team, you will be able to leave your mark on the projects you are involved in. Unencumbered by legacy, we are empowered to pick the right tools for the job and welcome new ideas and inputs to develop innovative and powerful solutions.
- Working both as on your own and as part of a wider team, you could also be embedded into customer organisations to provide direct support to the customer.
- Your role will include technical integration, configuration and development outputs, written reports and investigations, verbal presentations, and participation in workshops to capture user requirements.
Create training materials and conduct customer training (often at a client site) as and when required
This would be a great career move if you are a junior or intermediate Developer with some work experience, and are seeking an environment where you can make meaningful and direct contributions to the successful development of a growing company, combined with: –
- A passion for meeting customers’ needs, with the listening skills to achieve this
- An understanding of the principles of difference software architectures and software engineering lifecycles
- An open mind and willingness to learn with an interest in the latest technologies and toolsets
- Happy to work on a wide variety of projects across the Defence and Security and Secure Commercial domains (previous experience an advantage)
- A knowledge of information and data processing techniques
- An ability to interact confidently with customers
- A team player, happy to offer support to colleagues
- Conscientious and accurate, paying close attention to detail
- SC or DV clearance (or be a British Citizen with the willingness and ability to be cleared)
Ideally you would also have: –
- Experience of using analytics (including big data), artificial intelligence and predictive technologies
- Experience of developing with another high-level language, e.g., Java or C++
- An understanding of systems engineering processes and software development lifecycles
- Preferably Educated to at least BSc in a computing related subject, or with a professional qualification in computing, plus some work experience in a developer role.
Our business is one that is often driven by customer demand, which means that flexibility is essential. We’re based in Twyning, Gloucestershire, in a lovely part of the West Country, and we serve a range of Defence and Security customers across the UK.
We are flexible. Our offices have re-opened but we are not mandating anybody to be in the office. We leave it up to our people to decide what suits the needs of their work. Some occasional visits to customer locations may be required.
Why join us?
This would be a great opportunity for you if you want to be part of a small supportive team, at a company where you will have the opportunities to learn and develop both yourself and your career
In addition, we offer:
- An excellent salary, with a generous bonus scheme
- Pension, healthcare scheme and life cover
- 5 days professional training development per year (plus access to Linux Academy / A Cloud Guru for continual learning, development and experimentation)
- Flexible working
- Plus, a lovely rural setting!
Please apply online via our website, including your CV and a cover letter. NO AGENCIES
Helyx is an equal opportunities employer.